Sunday, April 11, 2010

Final Days at Fort Polk

I have returned to Fort Polk and within less than 24 hours I am home sick. I wanna go home!!! I miss my two moms. I cannot describe in words what it feels like being home but I can tell you it is the most wonderful feeling in the world. I am treated like a queen during my stay at home. My family does not have a mansion or wealth as a royalty family but I can tell you there is something about my moms' house that makes my stay "The most relaxing vacation." I can spend thousand of dollars to go on a vacation and still do not achieve the same effect as staying at my mothers house. At home, all my worries seems to disappear. Tomorrow does not exist and responsibilities vanishes. All that really matters that day is Cesa. What does Cesa want to do? The luxury on doing nothing has become a privilege during my stay at home. She can sleep as long as she wants. Eat her favorite foods, all she has to do is ask and she receives, it is truly the description of paradise. To top it off, I do not have just have one but two places to call home, Jacksonville and Spring Hill Florida. I consider myself very fortunate to have two wonderful families who are always there for me. I always said, "My home is where the Air Force takes me but my heart stays in Florida. The four day pass is what I really needed. Visiting family prepared me to face any difficult challenges to come. I am sad to see both of my moms unhappy and I wish there is a way I can deploy without making anyone sad but this is very impossible I have so many people who cares so much about me and no matter what I do it always affects them. I thank the lord for all my blessings in life and showering me with plenty of families and friends.

Today is my birthday. I went to church to thank God for this wonderful day. I treated my self to a pizza for lunch and chicken wings for dinner. I enjoyed reading my electronic cards and the greeting from friends and family. So what if I was all by myself on my birthday, not once did I felt alone. Peace of mind is what I had today. However, I am not looking forward to the long trip to Afghanistan. I will finally say goodbye to Fort Polk, I will remember this training because I had fun with my team. And not to forget the new found blogging idea shared by a stranger. I move forward to another adventure in my life. I wonder what tomorrow brings me.



No comments:

Post a Comment