Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inspired by a Stranger

      A personal diary with all my private thoughts, experiences and feelings for the world to see have not crossed my mind until I have read a blog of a complete stranger.  To create a blog and post it for everyone to read is a very nerve wrecking idea but at the same token I realized the many benefits I can gain in writing even if my thought processes did not make any sense.  I gained some courage to start a blog from this stranger and like he said, "Wanting to improve my writing skills." I found myself relating to him.  I think creating a blog is a good way to practice my writing and at the same time, a good way to share my thoughts and experiences to others.  How amazing is it to have all my memories in the tip of my finger tips without the clutter of journals or notebooks?  I think the idea is a great way to organize events in my life. Intimidated in the advancement of technology, I find myself willing to face the challenges of overcoming my fear in technology and writing.  Mastering the English grammar is very difficult for me and having someone read my writing could be very embarrassing, but I will be brave.  I will take any criticism or negative feed back as a means of improvements.
     From here I will dedicate an entry on my e-journal at least once a week and add any memorable events I deemed important in my life.  I have to set limits of the type of information to post because of the OPSEC requirement in my life.
     Thank you stranger, I owe you many thanks for the inspiration.  I found a new hobby that I can take with me in my travels.  I can write about everything and anything while improving my skills in writing and maybe someday inspire others to write just like the influence you have passed to me .  I enjoyed very much reading your blog and what I really liked about your blog is the positive twist you wrote about Fort Polk.  I am very excited to go to Afghanistan and now I can make sure my memories will be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment