Monday, May 10, 2010

My Deployment Routine

For two weeks, no entries was made on my blog, the reason behind this neglect does not attributes to laziness, and there are two reasons. I have been reading a book: Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child and I enjoyed it so much I could not put the book down. Then I found myself, a work out/ gym partner, we have been exercising every day at 1700, and the work routine we have been following on the CD is called "Insanity". My day has been quickly passing by and soon it is time to leave Afghanistan.
I have a routine down, in the morning, my team convoys to work, and we stay at the Afghan Army base (Where I mentor the Electronic/Communication Division) until 1500. Then off we go to convoy home. When I arrived the Camp we are staying at, I have just enough time to get ready for the work out routine for that day. Then run some errands such as dropping laundry, showering and eating dinner. Finally at the end of the day, I enjoy my book and read for hours. Sometimes I have to convince myself that it is time for bed or I will be tired in the mornings. And this is my routine. However, I have to find time to study for my next stripe and I have not calculated/ incorporated that in my schedule.
Now that I have finished my book, I have told myself it is time to study. I will stop leisure reading and replace it with studying. Then, I have to make a point to write on my blog as well. So little time, so many plans.

1 comment:

  1. Cesa,
    I know you've been working hard. It is hectic with all the traveling and translation work. You've been doing great to even be able to fit the "Insanity" workout into your day.

    ReplyDelete